Monday, August 8, 2011

New York Officially Kicked My Butt Today

So first day on the new job is bound to be stressful. Add being in a new city and not having a place to live and all kinds of other stressers and you still won't be where I am at right now. So I make it to work on time. Everything seems great. Great view from my desk, lots of free snacks and good coffee in the kitchen, find out jeans are OK everyday, two terraces and friendly people.
That is where the fun ends. I get a computer but no log on. No one is in the office for me to meet and I finally found out the dream apartment I saw on Saturday already had an application on it. Was this mentioned on Saturday? NO! Was I told that the apartment was mine if I was approved? YES!! So angry.
Not only do I not have the peace of mind of a place to live, but I wasted two whole days. At least I get the deposit back from her. I finally found another apartment to look at (with a different property group) but that lady couldn't meet me until later in the afternoon. So I have the whole day to sit at my desk, doing nothing. Can't get on the internet or anything. I went and looked at the apartment and it is a better deal than the other one. A one bedroom and on the 1st floor. I am going to meet her over at her office after I get the money for the deposit.
Getting the deposit: Capital One didn't tell me I could only get out $400 a day. Well that throws a kink in the plans majorly. So I have enough to get the deposit for this apartment. I talked to the office manager there and he assures me that there isn't an application on the apartment. I pretty much had to give them everything last 3 years tax returns, last 3 month bank statements, etc. He said I would know by today or tomorrow if I was approved for the apartment. And now the first lady is texting me constantly to meet her. I am blowing her off until tomorrow at lunch in the hopes that I will have found out about the other apartment in the meantime. Let's hope it is positive this time.
Not to mention this morning, I didn't have enough fare left on my card for the subway so I had to wait in a long line to reload my card and of course the machine wasn't working. Naturally.
Also, when I left work to meet the lady to look at the apartment, I couldn't find the subway station according to hop stop's directions so I had to pay for a cab. Lovely. Because I have tons of it. At least I will hopefully get paid soon.
Please everything work out for me!! Not to mention I have been sweaty and gross two or three times already today. Tomorrow I am wearing something much cooler. Oh yeah and I have the first set of blisters from the city of New York.
I want to pound my head against the desk. Wine will be necessary tonight.

4 comments:

  1. That's cool that you can wear jeans to work! You need to set your blog up with Networked Blogs on Facebook so people see your updates, or I do. I have so many blogs I follow now that I don't always see one or two posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look up Networked blogs on Facebook. It's pretty easy. It's how my blog posts on there automatically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I want my name to be tied to the blog. Other than my first name. I don't care if you tell people about it. I just don't want people to be able to search for my whole name and find it. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete