Saturday, August 13, 2011

Home Sweet Home





So the quest for finding a permanent place to live has finally come to an end. I am settled on the Upper East Side and very happy with my new neighborhood. So far my new apartment only has a bed in it but I will be driving the rest of my stuff up here in a couple of weeks with my mom. And then her and I will get to figuring the furniture situation out. Today, I am waiting at the apartment for a package my mom sent that has bedding in it. I don't have air conditioning yet because you can't just order an air conditioner and have someone handy install it. You have to have a professional install it and give a certificate to the landlord.
Renting in NYC is completely different. I had to deal with 3 different entities in order to get this place. Believe me when I say, I really hope I don't have to move or find a place again in this city any time soon.
I walked 28 blocks to bed, bath and beyond last night which was a nice walk. Then bought two full bags of things and walked the 28 blocks back. That was a mistake. But I made it. I am slowly moving the stuff from my hotel room. I don't have to be out of the hotel until 12 tomorrow.
I also had to have a deadbolt installed yesterday. Kind of an interesting/weird situation. I had to pay $200 for a deadbolt. Clearly, one had been there prior and it had a phone number. These guys show up and installed it. I just hope I didn't open a new can of worms, like these guys are now capable of breaking into my apartment or something.
I have caught up on my tv so far. I really hope the post office delivers my package soon. I was hoping to go running in central park today.
Above are pics of my new apartment without furniture. Will post pics soon of the neighborhood.

4 comments:

  1. I saw microwaves for sale at Target for $44, I'm sure they probably have cheaper at Walmart. You should have your mom look while the sales are going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and I are going to look at them and probably buy one when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute apartment...which one is Mav's room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't make enough for Mav to have his own room. One day...

    ReplyDelete