Sunday, August 7, 2011

First Weekend

So I have safely arrived in NYC. Leaving my family at the airport was very hard. It was scary, and exciting. I am very close to my immediate family so it will be difficult to live so far away from them. Anytime I wanted to see them, I could. But I have known I needed this big change for a long time and it is finally happening!

My friend, Brandy, lives here too and she had made dinner reservations for her fiance and their friends who were in town. It is restaurant week which is awesome and that means you get to try all the great places for much cheaper. So we went to this great steakhouse and then to a rooftop bar called 230 Fifth. It had the most incredible views and it luckily was a gorgeous night. Then we went to a bar called Reunion. I had been there before but it is always a fun place to go. Plus they have alcoholic snow cones!! :)

I came up here without a definite place to live but had scheduled appointments to see apartments first thing Saturday morning. The first and only apartment I looked at yesterday, I fell in love with. It is on the upper ease side which is where I wanted to be. A very cute, tree-lined street. With my 4 or 5 block walk to the subway station for work, the area has everything I need. A cute little coffee shop, cleaners, a tailor, AT&T store, H&M, and more! I find out tomorrow for sure if I get the apt. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I start my new job tomorrow. I took the last year off to slow down and try to figure stuff out. I have had a lot of awesome experiences over the last year and learned a lot. I am going back to doing what I had done back home for over 5 years. I am hoping I still know what I am doing. I am scared and excited. I hope everyone likes me and I hope it works out. Because I will have a very expensive apt to pay for.

So far, I haven't felt homesick. I am sure it will happen eventually. But my mom will be coming out soon to help me get settled and unpack. Can't wait for that!! I also can't wait to have my own place and the internet. Until next time... S

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting! Glad you're not feeling homesick. I'm loving the new puppy, but also a little stressed wondering if I'll ever get her to do what she needs to do so she doesn't destroy my house. Can't wait to read all your entries!

    ReplyDelete