Monday, August 19, 2013

A Penn Station Proposal

Here is a short one.  Things have been crazy for me because I am in the middle of moving apts and packing for a trip to Vegas. I will definitely include the craziness that has been my moving experience within Manhattan. It will make you laugh, cry and leave you with a general sense of how can all of this happen to just one girl?

Anyway, Jamie and I were on our way to Long Beach a couple of Sundays ago.  Without a car, you have to catch the LIRR (Long Island Railroad) at Penn Station.  We were both preoccupied with buying our tickets for the 11:45 am train and getting a large coffee and some breakfast ASAP.  Originally the plan was to leave at 10:45 am but of course we went out last night. I digress...

We were walking through Penn Station and a man approaches Jamie asking if he could suck her toes.  Now I don't know if he complimented her toes prior to asking for such a request.  Does he walk up to women all of the time asking this?  I mean not to insult Jamie's toes, I am sure to every foot fetishist they are exquisite but WTF?  So when Jamie ignored him and kept walking, he proceeded to follow us.  As soon as I heard the request my eyes bugged out of my head and of course my instinct was to run.  So then he tells Jamie that he's serious and makes the offer more enticing with a promise of a payment of $20.  I have no idea how Jamie refused.

So there we are on the escalator with Jamie's toe lover with nowhere to go.  Since it is a Sunday, no one is following the proper escalator protocol (stay to the right to stand, pass on the left) and the escalator is a jam packed free-for-all.  We are trapped like rats.  I know I have a completely mortified look on my face.  Then he starts talking to me. He asked if we were sisters and I said no. Then he asked if we were going to the beach (we were wearing swimsuits and cover ups), I said no again.  Finally, by this time we are reaching the end of the escalator (THANK GOD!!).  I pretty much ran off, dragging Jamie behind me before she was foot-napped.

It seems when Jamie and I get together there are situations in which I have to constantly run away, dragging her with me.

-S

P.S. On day 2 of a juice cleanse. I am afraid it takes carbs, cheese, and most likely alcohol to keep me even remotely funny or entertaining, so I apologize.

2 comments:

  1. So is the beach you went to one that they talk about in The Great Gatsby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it is all on Long Island but it is in a different area.

    ReplyDelete