Wednesday, July 24, 2013

One Crazy Saturday Night

So as promised here is one more story of hopefully many more to come...

Last Saturday night, my friend and I met up with one of her friends.  Let's call my friend Jamie and let's call her friend Julie. Julie knows some promoters who got us into Marquee and she also brought several of her friends as well. Marquee is a club/lounge. We stayed at Marquee for awhile taking advantage of free bottle service and places to sit (because of our too tall heels) courtesy of the promoter connection.

Now how I understand this whole promoter thing is this... it is this person's job essentially to party. They encourage their friends, acquaintances, their friend's acquaintances, and just totally random people to go to these clubs.  I have no idea how or who makes money off of this but I will continue to take advantage of this completely frivolous lifestyle.  Maybe it is to encourage guys to come? I don't know. Clearly someone much smarter than I decided that there was a need for a position such as this and BOOM you have a promoter.

Anyway, after dancing and watching the scantily-clad go go dancers, we left to go to Manon, which is a restaurant turned nightclub/lounge in the later hours of the evening.  On our way there, Jamie and I were walking and I noticed a man sitting in a chair surrounded by garbage on the sidewalk where we were walking.  I should have thought it was weird that the man was sitting in a lawn chair in the middle of Manhattan after midnight.  Where can you even get a lawn chair in Manhattan? No seriously, where? But then on a closer look, I noticed that the man was not wearing pants or shorts or anything covering his lower half.  Immediately, I tried to avert my eyes knowing that this can't be good. So I start to walk faster, dragging Jamie with me.  Unfortunately, I still saw the man masturbating with his VERY large penis.  He also told us that he wanted to come all over us.  I definitely started running and immediately motioned for the girls behind us to hurry up.  Of course only in NYC would you tell a bouncer that this is happening a mere feet from the door of their establishment and then just look at you like, "And?"  One of the girls called the police. I have no idea what became of this very horny man but he was gone by the time we left. THANK GOD.

There was also this girl (strangely the same that called the police) who kept spilling every drink she had.  She didn't seem drunk or to be stumbling, but yet she constantly was spilling EVERY drink.  Like she would be walking completely fine with a half full drink and still somehow manage to spill it.  If it wasn't so annoying, it would have been an interesting case study in miracles.

There is more to this evening but alas I think I will make it a 2 or maybe a 3 part-er.  :) A girl should always leave a little mystery.

Be good,
-S
Tip: A little advice from a dog owner, please ask whether it is ok to pet someone's dog.  DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT just start whistling or making various sounds at my dog or send your kid up to my dog.  This is not just because it annoys me greatly, which it does, but it is also for your safety. I know my dog looks like a fluffy sweetheart, which he is, but he could be a rabid, vicious, mean dog, who at my command is ready to bite your face off.  Not to mention that is just rude to start talking to my dog without recognizing that I am a human being and not a dog walking robot. (Whoa, that is a great idea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment