Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Here goes again...

So I find myself apologizing yet again to the vast empty space of my blog that reaches a few kind people. I have been lazy again. Again, it is not with lack of stories to tell that I haven't been writing but I promise that I have been aptly living my life and enjoying all the fun and crazy times that NYC has to offer. I will have been here for two years next month. That is craziness. I have had everyone in my family visit at least once and most more than once. I have managed to make (and lose) some wonderful friends. Something that has made all the difference in my happiness in NYC has been finding great friends that live near me. I have managed to find a great group of girls (and a few guys) that really seem to embody the types of friendships that I have always hoped for. People who genuinely love doing the same things that I do. No they don't think it is a crazy idea to have a Christmas/Hanukkah (Chrismakkah) caroling party/bar crawl (and we did!).

 So some highlights since we last spoke:
 I went snowboarding/ski trip in Vermont (and various places in NJ and NY).
 Have been to multiple GALA's to volunteer for the McCarton Foundation.
 Have joined two online dating sites/mobile apps.
 Got lost in the Bronx.
 Switched jobs.
 Attended a Friendsgiving.
 Weathered another hurricane.
 Turned 30.

Those are what I can think of right now. Maybe I will elaborate on some of those at different times.

 Under the very sweet and nice encouragement of a friend, I have decided to try to continue this blog once again. I am going to try to be practical about it. I have almost two years of stories to tell and not to mention what will continue to happen to your very own crazy magnet (that's me).
 Until then...
-S
Tip: Before you travel to the big apple from another country, please learn the phrase "Insufficient Fare." It is what shows up on the subway turnstile when you don't have enough for a single ride. Continuing to swipe will not change this fact. It will save us all a lot of time and frustration. If you are a native English speaker and do not know this phrase, well... I doubt anything I say can help you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment