Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Second (and hopefully last) encounter with Tara...

So as I promised before here is the story about running into Tara again.  I had managed to stay away from her pretty easily after that crazy night.  Mostly because our mutual friend Brynn had moved away from NYC. But, when Brynn came into to town to visit and wanted to see as many people as possible, of course I had to stop by. She was the first girl I went to happy hour with after moving to the city! The first person to ask me to hang out with her and her friends.
I made a friend, Eleanor, come with me as a buffer/witness. So we talked to Brynn for a while and some of her other friends.  Tara was there with her boyfriend, no fiance (poor, poor guy). We said an awkward hello. Then Tara's fiance brought his brother and his brother's friend with them to say hi. They didn't acknowledge us but that was fine. But at one point Tara's fiance's brother's friend walked past me and hit me so hard he completely knocked my entire, full drink out of my hand and then kept walking.  He didn't even look back. Eleanor and I were standing against the wall and the bar wasn't that crowded. I don't even know why he managed to walk anywhere near us but how in the heck did he bump into me so hard and not even notice a thing? Or how is he not soaked from the entire contents of my full drink (which would be a little satisfying).
So I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder and told him politely that he just ran into me and knocked my entire drink out of my hand.  He just started at me blankly like he didn't understand and then says to his friend, "Take care of this" and walks away.

So here is a mini back story. A long time ago the very first time I hung out with Brynn and Tara, I met Tara's boyfriend's brother. He was a lot younger and pretty good looking, if you like that whole Taylor Lautner look which doesn't really do it for me but whatever. He was hitting on me seriously and I just walked away from him. He kept telling Tara over and over that he really liked me. Then she tells me this and that he is a player. PUHlease! At one point, we kissed but that was it. He asked for my number and I told him no because it was wasteful when he wasn't even going to use it.

Anywho, back to the story...

So there I am standing there, so shocked that I walked away. I wasn't necessarily expecting him to buy another drink but at least apologize. He body checked a woman in a bar and doesn't even feel bad about it. I am telling all of this to Eleanor, Brynn and Tara comes over wondering what was going on. When I told her what had happened, she apologized for him and got me a new drink. I thanked her telling her she didn't have to do that because she isn't the one who did it in the first place. She said she knows that but he came with all of them. So once I had my new drink. I said something else like, "I still can't believe what an asshole that guy was," to Elaine and Brynn and then Tara went off. She started saying stuff like I couldn't call her friend an asshole and saying that she fixed the situation so it was over. I said that I appreciated her buying me a drink but that doesn't change how appallingly he acted. Then she started on a rant about how she doesn't like me and just started going off about stuff that had happened that crazy night. She was yelling and screaming like a crazy person. So I just looked at Eleanor and tilted my head towards the towards the door. Gave Brynn a hug apologizing and she said she was sorry too and that I didn't deserve that. All the meanwhile, Tara is still yelling. So Eleanor and I walked out.

We had plans to meet up with another friend Trisha for her birthday so we got in a cab and left.  I get all the way up to the door of the second place, when I realize I left my credit card and ID at the last bar. FUCK! So Eleanor and I get back in a cab and head back over there. So when I get back to the first bar and I am walking back inside, there is the asshole standing outside. When the guy sees me, he starts shouting at me, "Hey! Didn't I spill your drink?" I just gave him a withering look. I just ignored him. I am pretty sure he offered to buy me a drink as I was ignoring him and walking back into the bar. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  It is vaguely reminiscent of middle school playground antics where the boy would hit you, pull your ponytail and that meant he liked you. Haven't we grown up? This wears me out.

Ugh. My dog is more mature than you.
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment